Thursday, March 5, 2009

ICP'd Out!

There’s no better time to write a blog entry then when you feel like you have absolutely no time, you’re under the gun, and your head is about to explode. Yup, don’t ask me why I’m doing this right now – let’s just say it’s therapeutic for me in some odd way.

I’m in the midst of finishing up my Integrative Consulting Project (ICP for short - mandatory component of the MBA program), and my team and I are busily attempting to complete our extensive write-up and presentation slides for this project. We are close but not quite there. I’m waiting on some content from my mates, so I found a quick breather to write this. The goal is to finish up by Friday night so that we can all finally enjoy a weekend to ourselves.

I’m pretty beat-up right now. I must say that this month probably takes the cake for being the busiest month of the MBA program. I’m sure if you ask those around me, including my wife, they’ll tell you that I’m half out of it, dazed, always in a crabby mood, and sleep-deprived. Yup; I say that describes me at the moment. Don’t let me discourage you from your one year MBA dreams – as they say; no pain then no gain ;) I’m only 8 weeks out from graduation and nothing is going to bring me down right now.

We recently completed our final exams for Module 2B; Managing Operations, Marketing, and IT. Wow, three exams in three days! I made it through that busy week with the help of my peers, but I’m not convinced I did exceptional. It’s so hard to tell whether you did well on an MBA exam. Some of my colleagues recently came to conclude that all MBA exams are strategy exams and that realizing this earlier would have paid off. I guess I always knew that it was all about strategy and I hope that my emphasis on this aspect will pay off with these final exams.

On a positive note, the new U2 album is finally out. It’s called ‘No Line on the Horizon’. I’m always biased when it comes to my favourite band but I think it’s their best album since Achtung Baby. Song #2, called Magnificent, is already one of my favourites all time. The band has been on Letterman every single night this week, and it has been a real treat coming home each night after an 18 hour day to watch them on television before bed. Poor Geeta is gonna be stuck listening to them for the next few months ;(

Ok, c’est tout. Until next time…

Oh…did I mention next week is March Break? Thank god! No major travel plans…P.Eng exam studying, trip to T.O. to meet up with my brother’s family, lots of time with Geeta, and SLEEEEEP!

1 comment:

george said...

i hope you have heard "ground beneath her feet" by u2.
Such a powerful and beautiful song written by Salman Rushdie